Perthshire Tours & Walks in small groups
- First stop is Dunkeld for a walk around the old town and Cathedral and a coffee.
- Visit Loch of the Lowes nature reserve with its lovely view of the Perthshire hills and woods with a lochside setting.
- Back to Dunkeld for lunch and on to the big trees and the Hermitage falls with its folly of Ossian’s Hall and a hermit’s cell. Grading: Easy round walk of 1km along the level.
- Drive over to Loch Tay for a hillside traverse above Loch Tay to the Falls of Acharn with its fascinating approach through a hermit’s tunnel. Grading: Largely a walk along a contour with a bit of undulation along paths that are boggy in parts. Distance: 6.5kms Altitude: 90m
- Visit the crannog to see how iron-age people lived.
- Passing through the attractive white washed town of Kenmore on to Castle Menzies.
- Take up accommodation and dine out.
- Walk around the lovely hillside, wild garden of Cluny. Grading: some steep paths with steps in parts and can be slippery. Distance: 0.5km. Height: 30m
- Drive over the pass to Loch Tummel, stopping at Queen’s view for a picture of Schiehallion – the fairy hill of the Caledonians.
- Walk up through attractive woods to some summer shielings on a very quiet walk. Grading: Moderate hill walk along some slippery paths. Distance: 3.5kms Height: 170m.
- Lunch at a lochside café on Loch Faskally.
- A fine walk in the great mature woodlands around Loch Dunmore. Grading: Easy along forest paths. Distance: 3kms Height: 30m
- Visit the embossed Pictish stone at Dunfallandy.
- Return via country roads to Perth.
- Return to Stirling at around 17:00
Cost: £235 per person for 2 days based on sharing a twin/double room - includes 1 night B&B in high end accommodation, all transport and qualified mountain guide. Excludes meals (other than breakfast) and drinks.
Single room supplement: £290, including all of the above package - same exclusions apply.