Loch Lomond & a Fairy Glen - Tour & Walk in a small group adventure
PICKUP LOCATION: GLASGOW
Cost: £105 (includes boat and ferry fares)
Please bring a packed lunch
A boat trip to a former monastic island retreat, with a climb to a hilltop panorama of the islands of Loch Lomond. The day concludes with a walk through an enchanting gorge under tall trees.
Itinerary for Loch Lomond and a Fairy Glen - Tour and Walk:
- Ferry trip to Inchcailloch island on Loch Lomond, visiting the monastic ruins of St Kentigerna and climb for a hill top view over Loch Lomond’s many islands set along the Highland fault line. Inchcailloch Island Walk Grading: Easy walk on paths with a steep, small hill to climb. Distance: 3kms. Height Gained: 94m
- Drive alongside Loch Lomond and picnic in the woods with great views.
- Drive the narrow land bridge and hear about a daring Viking raid.
- Up into the Arrochar ‘Alps’ with great photo opportunities of The Cobbler’s very rugged peak.
- Along the shores of Loch Fyne and Eck. 2 options to choose from:
- Either stroll around the impressive Ben More botanical gardens with its fine giant redwood avenue. Afternoon coffee. Extra cost £6.50 adults; £5.50 concessions; children free. Or just have coffee without entrance charge.
- OR walk up Puck’s glen, a long gorge with a fairy-like quality, featuring waterfalls, bridges, tall trees and cliffs. Grading: Moderate, care to be taken on slippery paths with some unprotected drops. Distance: 2.5kms. Height gained: 126m
- End the day crossing the Clyde on the Dunoon ferry and return to Glasgow.
Cost includes boat trip to island and ferry fare across the Clyde
Pickup: 09:30 Drop off: 18:30
COST: £105 includes fares for the boat to the island and the ferry across the Clyde.