Itinerary for Glen Coe & Loch Ness - Tour and walk Scotland in small group adventures
Day 1 - Pick up from Edinburgh at 08:00 - Packed Lunch required
- An early start to maximise time out to include a 4-5 hour ascent of a hill summit.
- The tour will drive past Linlithgow Palace, including a photographic stop of Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument. - Driving up into the Highlands, we will see a variety of scenery from wooded glens and many lochs, to wild open expanses of moor leading to the impressive cliff sides to the Glen Coe hills
- Make an ascent with a qualified mountain guide of a hill summit in the Glencoe region for a true appreciation of this stunning scenery and for a rewarding sense of achievement.
- Take up accommodation outwith the Fort William area and dine out at a popular inn renown for its good food.
- A less strenuous day for walking, but including the following:-
- Walk around the comprehensive ruins of an early medieval castle.
- Climb up through the forest to an atmospheric Iron-Age hilltop fort overlooking the Great Glen and Loch Ness.
- Walk to the shores of Loch Ness and to the lock gates of the Caledonian Canal at Fort Augustus.
- Picnic lunch by a waterfall en route for our return journey down the Inverness to Edinburgh highway with frequent deviations to truly appreciate the beautiful region of hills, lochs and woodlands.
- Medium hike up in Perhthshire’s gentle and wooded hills to some well preserved ruins of shielings to tell the story of the Highlander former way of life.
- Visit an embossed Pictish stone slab and share about the culture of Scotland’s indigenous inhabitants.
- Walk around the picturesque town of Dunkeld beside the River Tay, before returning to Edinburgh around 8pm
Cost: £260 per person for 2 days based on sharing a twin/double room, subject to availability - includes 1 night B&B in high end accommodation, all transport and qualified mountain guide. Excludes meals (other than breakfast) and drinks.
Single room supplement: £305, including all of the above package - same exclusions apply.