Scottish Eildon Hills & Abbey
Tour & Walk from Edinburgh
COST: £95 PICKUP LOCATION: EDINBURGH
Pulling together the contrasts of this beautiful Scottish Borders region by first appreciating it with a bird’s eye view of the Tweed Valley from the Eildon Hills, followed by a well-deserved pub lunch. Day ends, walking around Dryburgh Abbey, arguably Scotland’s most beautiful set beside a river and visiting some intriguing, hidden statues.
Itinerary for Scottish Eildon Hills & Abbey - Tour & Walk - Edinburgh:
- Starting the day with a coffee stop in an old courtyard and the story of Old Melrose.
- Walk in the Eildon Hills to the foundations of an ancient hill fort with expansive views over the Tweed valley. Walk grading: Moderate hill climb along well defined tracks and paths. Distance: 5Kms. Height: 290m
- Picnic lunch on the hills.
- Walk around the comprehensive ruins of Dryburgh abbey in its peaceful rural idyll beside the River Tweed. Grading: Easy along well-defined paths.
- Short walks to a little known statue to Scotland’s national hero, Wallace, and to the Temple of the Muses.
- Scott’s view of the Eildon Hills - iconic to this region
Cost includes admission to Dryburgh Abbey but excludes food or drink.
Pickup: 09:30 Drop Off: 18:30