Blane & the Isle of Bute: Tour & Walk in small group adventures
Cost: £95 - PICKUP LOCATION: GLASGOW
Please bring a packed lunch.
Ferry across the Clyde to the beautiful ISLE OF BUTE. A day full of variety and choices from the extravaganza of a Gothic mansion to the atmospheric Celtic monastic ruins of St Blanes. A coastal walk and a stroll along the sands, makes this a fulfulling day
Day's Itinerary on Isle of Bute Tour & Walk:
- Drive to the ferry at Wemyss Bay & enjoy a scenic crossing to this jewel of an island in the Firth of Clyde, viewing sea birds en route and possible porpoise.
- EITHER view the Gothic extravaganza of Mount Stuart's interior and walk its gardens and tree fringed sea shore. Grading; easy and flat along paths to the arboretum, gardens, coast and woodlands. This is an additional cost of £13 adult; £11 Concession; £7.50 child. This mansion is perhaps Scotland's best kept secret
- OR drive south and hike to Scotland’s finest monastic site from the era of the Celtic saints of 6th century. It still exudes a deep peace in its remote, upland setting. Grading: Easy climb to the monastic ruins. Distance: 1km. Height Gained: 50m.
- Walk a coastal section to Glencallum Bay. Grading: Moderate to strenuous over some boggy and stony ground. Distance: 4kms.
- Drive up the west coast to Ettrick Bay and paddle its fine sandy shore, or if you’re brave, swim!
- Home again on the ferry.
Cost includes ferry fares.
Pickup: 09:00 Drop off: 19:00