- Depart Stirling at 09:30
- The route up north will take us through the celebrated scenery of Deeside, where we’ll walk in the Caledonian pine forests. Grading: easy along tracks and paths in the forest. Distance: 2.5kms Height 70m
- Park at Easter Balmoral. Either do a walk to the Prince Albert cairn, through the pine forest of the Royal Balmoral estate; or opt to visit the Lochnagarr Distillery. Grading: Moderate walk on tracks and paths with strenuous uphill section. Distance 4kms. Height gained:170m
- Drive through the Cairngorms to Speyside.
- Visit the Whisky shop in Dufftown with 600 varieties of whiskies on offer – something of a magical grotto for whisky aficionados.
- Dine out in an atmospheric bar and restaurant and then overnight in a beautiful country B&B that offers comfort and a quiet retreat
Day 2 -
- Explore on foot one of the many former smugglers’ trails that pass through the hills, with an option of dropping off the non-walkers at Glen Livet distillery that has a great café as well as offering tours. Grading: moderate to difficult with some off path walking up a steep slope of heather. Distance 7kms Height: 340m
- Lunch at the distillery.
- The return route will be different from the route yesterday, going via the Drumochter Pass. The trip will include a visit to a Norwegian café with a fantastic selection of cakes, and a stretch of legs at the Hermitage Waterfalls. Grading: Easy round walk of 1km along the level.
- Arrive back in Stirling at 18:30
Cost: £300 per person but excludes accommodation and food/drink. Accommodation will be booked by us in a good standard of B&B or inn and will be paid by you direct to the provider. As it will depend upon availability at the time of booking, accommodation prices vary and so we recommend you budget around £95/night for 2 people sharing a room. Single supplements are available but these vary widely from between £50-85 per person. We will quote you the exact amount once we’ve made a provisional reservation.