Day 1 - Pick up from Stirling at 09:30
- First stop is Dunkeld for a walk around the old town and Cathedral and a coffee.
- Visit Loch of the Lowes nature reserve with its lovely view of the Perthshire hills and woods with a lochside setting.
- Back to Dunkeld for lunch and on to the big trees and the Hermitage falls with its folly of Ossian’s Hall and a hermit’s cell. Grading: Easy round walk of 1km along the level.
- Drive over to Loch Tay for a hillside traverse above Loch Tay to the Falls of Acharn with its fascinating approach through a hermit’s tunnel. Grading: Largely a walk along a contour with a bit of undulation along paths that are boggy in parts. Distance: 6.5kms Altitude: 90m
- Visit the crannog to see how iron-age people lived.
- Passing through the attractive white washed town of Kenmore on to Castle Menzies.
- Take up accommodation and dine out.
- Walk around the lovely hillside, wild garden of Cluny. Grading: some steep paths with steps in parts and can be slippery. Distance: 0.5km. Height: 30m
- Drive over the pass to Loch Tummel, stopping at Queen’s view for a picture of Schiehallion – the fairy hill of the Caledonians.
- Walk up through attractive woods to some summer shielings on a very quiet walk. Grading: Moderate hill walk along some slippery paths. Distance: 3.5kms Height: 170m.
- Lunch at a lochside café on Loch Faskally.
- A fine walk in the great mature woodlands around Loch Dunmore. Grading: Easy along forest paths. Distance: 3kms Height: 30m
- Visit the embossed Pictish stone at Dunfallandy.
- Return via country roads to Perth.
- Return to Stirling at around 17:00
Cost: £300 per person inc admissions but excludes accommodation and food/drink. Accommodation will be booked by us in a good standard of B&B or inn and will be paid by you direct to the provider. As it will depend upon availability at the time of booking, accommodation prices vary and so we recommend you budget around £95/night for 2 people sharing a room. Single supplements are available but these vary widely from between £50-85 per person. We will quote you the exact amount once we have made a provisional reservation.