Picts & Angus Glens
PICKUP LOCATION: Edinburgh or Glasgow or STIRLING
A TOUR TO CONNECT WITH THE ANCIENT PICTISH CENTRES WITH THEIR FASCINATING SYMBOL STONES WHICH WE'LL VIEW ON THE WAYSIDE AS WELL AS IN A MUSEUM. Upland walk in HIGHLAND ANGUS THROUGH THE WOODS TO A LOCH AND LUNCH AT AN OLD DROVER'S INN. IN THE AFTERNOON WE'LL DRIVE TO THE VERY PRETTY GLEN PROSEN AND SEE A MEMORIAL RAISED TO SCOTT OF THE ANTARcTIC AND CLIMB TO A HILL TOP WITH A TOWER.
- Visit the Pictish stones museum to get connection with an ancient past and marvel at their artistry.
- Drive up the unspoilt beauty of Glen Isla for a walk in the hills. Grading: Moderate hill walk along paths and tracks with some boggy ground. Distance: 4.5kms. Height Gained: 160m
- Lunch in a drover’s inn and take in the beauty of Angus’ secluded glens.
- Visit the memorial to Scott of the Antarctic in Glen Prosen. Then climb the neighbouring hill with Airlie Tower on top. Grading: Strenuous steep hill walk. Distance: 3kms. Height gained: 150m
- Visit the wayside Pictish stones at Aberlemno before returning to Stirling
Cost includes museum admission, but excludes food and drink.